Re: newbie needs help with security cameras in business

Do you a LAN or do you know if your network cable runs around the plant?  If
so, you might want to explore using IP cams and linking them up to your LAN.
Check with your IT person to see what available bandwith you have to play
with... a few cameras might not hurt even an old out of date LAN.  Wireless
IP cams work pretty well also.. but plant interiors can be a crazy
enviornment.. lots of brick.. cinder block.. iorn..  it's risky at best.  If
no LAN, I would go with basic RG59 if the cable runs are under 150'.. I'm no
expert here.. but have done some cam work in 100,000+ wharehouses.. not fun!