Re: What kind of sensor did I see today?

Frank,
Does the intruder break the wire, thus breaking continuity, or is the wire
pulling on a mechanical trigger when pulled taught?  Is this still a viable
means even with all the photoelectric sensors on the market for above a
recessed ceiling say in a bank or high end jewelry store?