Re: What kind of sensor did I see today?

SecurityNovice wrote:
> Frank,
> Does the intruder break the wire, thus breaking continuity, or is the wire
> pulling on a mechanical trigger when pulled taught?

The wire is very easy to break (which also makes it a pain to install).

> Is this still a viable
> means even with all the photoelectric sensors on the market for above a
> recessed ceiling say in a bank or high end jewelry store?

I've laced vulnerable walls before but it's mostly used for overhead and
man doors.  It's a pain to install (almost as bad as window foil).
Photo beams can be compromised if they're not installed properly
(mounted too high or too low).  In addition in a warehouse environment,
it's far too easy to "park" something in front of them.  In once
instance, a customer had to call his warehouse guy back to move a pallet
of goods, but all too often people are in a "rush" to leave and will
simply bypass the affected zone (which sort of defeats the purpose of
having it there, don'tcha think)?