Re: Newbie Questions: Wireless Home Alarm System

Allan Waghalter wrote:
> We have had quite a large amount of rainfall in the past few days and
> significantly more forecast for tonight and tomorrow.  Some areas here
> received as much as 12 inches of rain with most receiving about 3 inches in
> just a few hours.  We always flood here on the gulf coast, but it has been
> very bad this time with water rising into the houses in South East Houston.
> They just showed a house on TV that got three feet of water!  We didn't get
> too much in Southwest Houston, where I live, but with more rain forecast, I
> don't know if we will be lucky enough to miss it again.

Until they fixed the storm sewers, Sherwood Park (suburb of Edmonton)
used to experience a lot of flooding.  When a geyser of raw sewage
starts up in your basement toilet, I figure it's time to move out.
Back-flow preventers didn't help much.  The pressure was so high it
would break the pipes.  What a mess.  In south Edmonton (where we used
to live) it never got to that point even though the rains there are
heavy at times.