Re: nx-12 keypad query

Yes to both.

You would want your phone number in phone number one assuming you don't
want to report anywhere else.

If you have only an LED keypad for programming you need this kind of
clunky interface. The LCD explains what is happening better but the
keypresses are the same. Star is like an enter key but it also auto
increments to the next segment in that location.

Also needed to get it to call is an account and a format. If your phone
can handle pager that would be ideal. Otherwise familiarize yourself
with what the panel does when it calls so you don't just get irritated
at your kids and ignore an alarm :)