Re: To mikelewis1971

McGinn wrote:
> Mike,
>
> You have nothing to fear from big brotha psychos even if you respond to my
> queries. It is not a crime to respond to security questions on a public
> internet forum. They wont even touch you with a 1000ft pole. You talked
> about freedom yesterday and today you are chickening out. Why the 360 degree
> turnaround.
>
> nsa psychos are not even potent enough to charge me for 5 long years and
> they wont charge me for the next 25 years either.
>
> Stop worrying and please respond to my questions and help americans rebuild
> the country the way our founding fathers envisioned.
>

> "McGinn" <McGinn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hello mike,
> >
> > You seem to be the only one with extensive security knowledge on this
> > forum.
> >
> > Can you please respond to my queries asap so I can either buy or exchange
> > the cameras and dvr I bought before the installation guy comes tomorrow
> > morning.
> >
> > I dont mind installing redundant systems to cover the first one. Please
> > tell me how to do it.
> >
> > You mentioned in a different thread about phone line with seizure, fob.
> > What are they.
> >
> > Please check the tech specs of the 4 pack camera system I bought on this
> > link and let me know if they are good enough or if it is better to
> > upgrade. I have another 10 days to return or exchange the camera pack and
> > dvr in the retail store.
> >
> > Click on the CCTV Professional 4 camera pack for tech specs in this link
> > for the cameras I bought.
> >
> > http://www.swann.com.au/show_cat.php?catid=19
> >

> > questions about cameras:
> >
> > Let me know if I should upgrade to the other cameras in the link above.
> > The cameras I bought have
> > vari focal lens 3.5mm to 8 mm and one fixed 4mm lens on C-500R camera set
> > ( you said 4mm- 9mm is good)
> > 1/4" CCD image sensor (you said 3/8 is good, should I upgrade to a 3/8
> > image sensor)
> > IR-led 12 pcs
> > BNC connectors
> >
> > My apartment is just a studio of 13X17 ft with one door and two windows. I
> > currently have two motion sensors in the door alarm system as well as a
> > cell backup package.
> >
> > Do you think I need zoom lens for my cameras and if so, can I buy them
> > later and install them on the existing cameras.
> >
> > You recommended X-10 feature on Visionix Powermax. Would that help me any
> > way in my security setup.
> >

> > Link for the DVRs below but unfortunately the DVR I bought is not listed
> > on the website.
> >
> > http://www.swann.com.au/show_item.php?item=160
> >

> > You said to stay away from wavelet compression format. My DVR box says
> > MPEG-4 compression format and I guess I am fine there.
> >
> > Would it make any difference between a 4 channel DVR and a 8 Channel DVR
> > for my situation.
> >
> > TIA for your response.

1/4 ccd is not good and you won't get quality pictures.  The video will
be grainy and will work terribly in low light conditions.  The lowest
you want to go is 1/3 ccd.

The varifocal lenses are fine, even real cheap ones do the job.  The
varifocal lens is a zoom lens as you can adjust them to as wide or as
narrow as the apeture will allow.  The key to a decent cam is the CCD
size and TV Lines of Resolution.  380 is real low and pretty much
worthless which is probably what you have if you have a  1/4 ccd but
it's irrelevant at this point.  The camera, unless you got real lucky
is most likely substandard and should be upgraded.  Min specs should be
1/3" ccd with 420 lines of resolution.  Keep the varifocal when you
upgrade but in a space that small all you need is a 3.6 mm lens and
you'll see everything you want to see.  You could probably get away
with using the one's you have but in low light conditions they're gonna
be worthless.

Your security system seems more than adequate especially since it
doesn't stand a chance at stopping a spook from walking right through
it, no matter what you install.  If you're relying on electronic
security to protect your place, you have to understand the nature of
what is going to be breaking in.  A spy/agent/007 type isn't really
concerned about your system(s) in the slightest as they can control any
signal emanating from the monitored site.  Even if a signal should slip
through their counters, they still control the phone lines and the cell
lines so your signal will never reach you, no matter what you do.  Your
best defense and really only shot at hindering them for at least 20
seconds is by installing a gigantic siren inside your place and hoping
to at least draw some attention from your neighbors.  You cannot stop
them from entering so your only hope is to figure out ways to
inconvenience them and annoy them until they leave.  This is where the
X-10 could come in handy.  Having a few motions rigged up to turn on
radios, lights, tv, activate remote sirens could throw up a few
obstacles but they'd of course just shut down your power and then, funs
over.

The Powermax is not really what you'd be looking for for this type of
application.  The only system that can do this without requiring a lot
of technical expertise would be the Simon, though these are a joke to
someone who knows how to take one down.  In fact, all systems are a
joke once you know what your doing.

Trying to confound them with irritating tricks is about the best you're
going to be able to accomplish.  If they're locked onto you, there's
not a thing you can do to stop them.  I promise you.  If you're under
24/7 control, you're up against anywhere between 12 - 16 professional
agents who have complete authority and the capability to stop any wired
or wireless transmission from your residence.  Even your video feed
could be intercepted and looped back through to your office and they'd
even make sure the clock was right on time and your newspaper was
current.  You'd never know, never in a million years would you know,
unless they wanted you to know; then you really don't have much to
worry about.  If you know they're watching you then they're not
watching you, they're just trying to frighten you and by the sounds of
it, if you're for real, doing a good job.

I'm going to assume that your not just some paranoid schizophanic and
give you the straight dope.  This is how they run an intimidation
campaign.  They send out an agent about every month or two to make
themselves noticed. They'll stop by your place, move a few things
around and basically make themselves noticed, but not too noticed.
Sometimes they'll have an agent shadow you for a couple of days every
few months but that's usually reserved for people they really want to
intimidate.  If you're really a thorn in their side, they'll just kill
you and dump your body in a feild somewhere.  Look up Terrence Yeakey
and you'll get an idea about what they do to thorns.  So if you're
"seeing them", don't worry about it.  They're just fucking with you and
anything you do to counteract that won't phase them one bit.  In
fact,it'll make their job more enjoyable.

My guess is, you've just been spooked by shit like 9/11, Oklahoma City,
the mysterious deaths of the world's leading microbiologists, the
Anthrax snow-job, etc, etc, etc... but trust me, man.  It's not as bad
as it looks.  It's bad, there's no doubt but it's not that bad.  You've
just awakened to find you've been living in the Matrix.  It's not
really a big deal once you begin to understand how they operate and
what they're trying to accomplish.  They don't give a shit about you
until you get in their way and then they either ruin you or kill you.
I seriously doubt you have very much to worry about but one never knows
for sure.  I, myself, could give a rats ass. I could surround myself
with electronic gadgets that in the end wouldn't ever make me feel
secure so I'm just gonna keep on, keeping on and trusting that the Lord
Almighty will one day show them the error of their ways.

What you also have to understand is that there are "good guys" too.
There are real true blue, red blooded, Patriots in our government,
there really are.  They're not in power right now but things are
shifting and the rats have been flushed out into the open.  It's going
to take a couple of years to clean house and I'm not sure we could get
rid of the cancer totally.  And upon reflection, we really don't want
to totally get rid of it.  It's good to keep a couple of real bastards
around just in case.  Keep in mind, there are really enemies out there
and they're having a feild day with these assholes in charge.

My best advice is to stop worrying so much about shit that is way out
of your control.  Concentrate on what you can do and then do it; and
disregard the rest.  Yes, evil exists but if evil exists; so must good.
 The only defense against darkness is a candle so shine a candle on
this darkness by educating yourself as best you can.  Read as much as
you can about everything and anything.  Study religion, even if you
don't believe it.  Study physics, even if you don't understand it.
Study art, even if you don't like it.  Learn as much as you can so that
if your fears turn out to be true, you can use your knowledge to help,
not only yourself but the cause of Good that exists in the world.  To
hide behind a false sense of security only leads to further insecurity.

Good luck and God bless...