Re: From DVR to Off Site Video Storage

"Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:PYBkg.46927$IK3.30446@xxxxxxxxxxx
> SecurityNovice wrote:
>> We are looking at a 6 channel system.. I would most likely set the frame
>> rate for streaming off site at 15 IPS.  Any calculator for figuring our
>> the
>> bandwidth consumtion?  I guess I also have tofactor in credit card
>> machines,
>> internet use also correct.
>
> Credit card/Interac machines use negligible bandwidth.
>
> You could take a look at the Capture-brand DVRs; their remote client can
> record locally the video they receive from the server.  The VideoInsight
> DVRs have an option to use network storage; whether this is limited to
> SAN-type devices, or will work to a VPN-connected drive, I don't know.
> Pretty sure the CAMACC Vigil DVRs have a remote-storage option as well.

Matt,

I dont understand why nobody on this forum just answers my security
questions but keep attacking and abusing me for saying nsc psychos are
torturing me.

Can you please reply to my security questions in "Is swann security good
enough" thread ?

Or in to mikelewis1971 thread.

swann tech support guys emailed me this when I asked them if I can set up
the 4 channel MPEG swann DVR  for remote internet veiwing. Do you suggest to
dump the swann DVR and buy another brand like clover or something else which
might be more easy to set up the remote internet viewing.

Do you suggest any other better DVRs than swann. You can check the swann DVR
techspecs at this link. I have the 4 channel MPEG DVR.

http://www.swann.com.au/show_item.php?item=160

tech support response:

PC surveillance can "be done for sure" although this can be a difficult
process on first attempt. Try setting the DVR up on your local network
and see if you can access it from your PC, you can check the users
manual for information on how to do this.

Once you have this down, e-mail us back and we'll provide you with a
guide for getting it working across the net.

Kind regards,
Tech Support
Swann Communications

Phone Support: