Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

<bitsyboffin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1151391872.623377.280000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Steve Foley wrote:
> > I would also get a timer switch for the lights. You have to get up and
turn
> > them back on every 30 minutes. I installed one in my basement because
the
> > kids always forgot to turn off the lights and I was too lazy to go down
the
> > stairs and do it myself.
>
> Now that's cooking with gas.  We have a resident sparky, I'll have a
> chat to him about that.
>
> > If you could rig a magnet to hold the door open when the lights are on,
you
> > would be well on your way to solving everything.
>
> That's not a stupid idea either, an electromaget hooked to the lighting
> coil, a beeper say 30 seconds before the lights turn off so somebody
> can go press the button.  That could just be doable.

If you're still looking for a camera, google wildlife surveillance camera.
One 640x480 8 bit greyscale every two mintoes for a week would take 1.5GB to
store. These wildlife cameras have motion detectors and use digital cameras.
I couldn't find a way to turn off the flash on the one I looked at, so I
went in another direction.