Re: newbie needs help with security cameras in business

I'm not a regular here, nor a security expert,
however it just so happens that i have been using
wired and wireless cat5 networked video cameras
in a small security system for about 3 years now

my "campus" consists of 2 large separate buildings
about 100 yards apart, and there are 7 cameras setup
on the network.

The system is hugely reliable, as the network computers
are NOT connected to the internet at all. The server is
in the Studio, and has about 500 gig of drive space for
recording video, as well as 2 monitors which show all the
camera feeds in real time.

workstation computers can log onto the server at need and
recieve a feed from any camera

primary purpose of the system is to give me real time
monitoring of my property, then recorded video if
needed for legal purposes.

Wireless G products mostly from Linksys, some cameras
from D-Link, the wireless network extender for the
router works quite well too.

my Data network is a peer to peer and runs separately
from the security network

Ciao

Ventura