DSC Power 832 and LCD5501Z - Setting Time and Date

Well I have a new DSC Power 832 with a LCD5501Z keypad.  First, I hope
I made the right choice, but more importantly it is time for me to get
accustomed to the keypad.

I have changed the master access code and have learned some other
features but I am having trouble setting the time and date.

I know the command is * 6 + Master Code + 1, however, when I perform
that the keypad just comes back and beeps at me.  Other functions such
as * 6 + Master Code + 4 for a system test work, but option 1 to set
the time and date does not.  Does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks.

-Russ