Re: Window Foil vs. Glass Breaks

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 01:01:06 GMT, "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>We have had cases of glassbreaks 10 ft high within 15 feet of the glassbreak
>not going off.

That is the problem with those things, no real world test.

I have had to dance around with clients regarding the big question:
"How do I test it?"

The short answer is: " You would have to break the glass".

The long answer is: " I have a glassbreak simulator provided by the
manufacturer that can simulate the initial "thug" followed by the
"shattering sound" (insert poorly made simulation by mouth)"  And all
that has to occur within a certain millisecond range, because it's
dual-tech and that's much better sir---  because the old one falsed by
sneezing and clapping and... this one is much better"

Customer:  "How do I know it works?"

Me:  "It just does"

This will be interesting.
..