Re: Newbie Questions: Wireless Home Alarm System

On 12 Jun 2006 11:05:55 -0700, 308nato@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>My PC-illiterate buddy just moved into a new home, and is thinking
>about installing a do-it-yourself alarm system. The easier to install
>the better, but he wants to get a good quality one. His walls are
>already finished, which might make a wired system harder to install.
>Can someone recommend a particular brand or model so that I may point
>him in the right direction?
>Is wireless the way to go?
>Thanks in advance.

So he's PC-illiterate and he's thinking about installing his own
alarm. Good thing it hasn't got past the thinking part; if he can't
figure out a simple PC, how the hell is he going to figure out an
alarm system on his own

That's the EXACT REASON I don't retail equipment to people. Good
freakin' luck.

This must be the same guy who's going to avoid high gas prices by
drilling for oil and refining his own gasoline onsite.

Julian