Re: Newbie Questions: Wireless Home Alarm System

<308nato@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> My PC-illiterate buddy just moved into a new home, and is thinking
> about installing a do-it-yourself alarm system. The easier to install
> the better, but he wants to get a good quality one. His walls are
> already finished, which might make a wired system harder to install.
> Can someone recommend a particular brand or model so that I may point
> him in the right direction?
> Is wireless the way to go?
> Thanks in advance.

For a "decent" alarm system there is no really completely wireless system.
There are a few that are close.  For ease of installation not much is easier
than a Simon.

Phone and power still need to be wired.  Same with an outside siren.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River