Re: Pre-Wire Question

if this installation is in the footprint of a commerical Radio Station or
other high power RF source,  you might want to give thought to shielded
cable, or twisted pairs cable.  it helps to keep the rf out of the control
panel electronics.  FYI  a good electrical ground is very helpfull as well..
as with all low voltage device cable  be sure and keep several inches away
from AC lines and cross ac lines at 90 degrees angles whenever possible..
RTS

"Cmore" <CMorLess@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have a CCTV customer who is looking for me to run his alarm wire while I
> run my RG59.  For GB's & motions I am guess 4 conductor unshielded 18
gauge
> is the way to go.  For door contacts I am guessing 2 conductor 18 guage
> unshielded.  Do most of you guys just run 4 conductor everywhere for
> purposes of time and in the odd chance you need a spare pair?  Thanks..
not