Re: From DVR to Off Site Video Storage

"McGinn" <McGinn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:e6uild$nnc$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "SecurityNovice" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> We are looking at a 6 channel system.. I would most likely set the frame
>>> rate for streaming off site at 15 IPS.  Any calculator for figuring our
>>> the
>>> bandwidth consumtion?  I guess I also have tofactor in credit card
>>> machines,
>>> internet use also correct.
>>>
>>> But getting back to my original question.. Will a DVR stream
>>> continuiously
>>> to a home computer for storage? I know you can view it from home through
>>> the
>>> internet, but did not know you could download it also??? I think I am
>>> confused.
>>>

>>> "Beachcomber" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> site
>>> in
>>> service

>> I beleive the latest release of Dedicated Micros has the capability to
>> send blocks of video to an FTP server.  You can run an FTP application on
>> your home computer if you have a static IP.  You could also use a dyndns
>> naming service if you do not.  Also, there are script applications that
>> will mimic an FTP server on a web server.
>>
>> I really have not played with this.  Just stuff I have noticed in
>> passing. I have used dyndns name services for locations that did not have
>> a static ip.
>>

>> --
>> Bob La Londe
>> Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
>> Fishing Forums & Contests
>> http://www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> Bob La Londe low iq shithead,
>
> You just responded to an nsa psycho who is pretending to be a novice.
> LoL.....
>
> And this nsa psycho and his peers are laughing their asses off reading
> Roflmao.....

Yer an idiot.  He asked a question about a common application that is all in
the public domain.  Everything he could have learned from that could have
been learned by doing a web search and reading all the pages that came up.
All I did was give him a narrowed group of paramters to research.  On top of
that he asked a reasonable question without embellishing some paranoid
scenario.