Re: Ademco 5828v Install Manual

> I would like to purchase an Ademco 5828v panel
> but can't seem to locate a user manual before my
> purchase. Why is so difficult to find a user
> manual?

Try this link for the Ademco (now Honeywell) library.  It will take you to a
list of documents on the 5828V and various associated hardware.
http://library.ademconet.com/MyWebTech/MyWebTech.aspx?an=fp&pn=5828v

> Will I need a local security expert to connect this
> unit to my existing Lynx-R panel?

That depends on whether the control panel (not the 5828V) has been
programmed to prevent you getting in.  Many alarm companies "lock out" their
clients from accessing the panel programming features.  The usual reason
given is to protect the alarm company from liability should the user mess
something up.  That's part of the story.  The rest is that a significant
number of alarm companies refuse to unlock the panels, regardless whether
the user has purchased them, ever -- even after the monitoring agreement
expires.  Some will charge a nominal fee to reset the code for you.  Others
charge a high fee that IMO amounts to extorsion.

In short, it depends on the ethics of the company that installed the system.
Note also that some systems are leased and in those case, of course, the
company is not obligated to help you at all unless you pay them.

At any rate, the programming instructions are readily available on the
Honeywell website.  If you don't have a username and password, contact me
and I'll help you.  I don't charge for that.

> Can someone point me to a url where I could
> download a 5828v manual. It would be greatly
> appreciated.

See above and no problem.  Best of luck.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics