Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

I agree with the other posters about the old computer with USB and a cheap
ebay camera.   I have a couple of these setups working right now.  Mine at
home is a 500mhz AMD with 128meg memory and Windows 98 with Webcam32
connected through a router to a ISP which saves the pics.  I have 2 of these
setups one for monitoring a store for motion and one as a test setup for my
next setup.  I use a USB cam from 3com called a Homeconnect.  The advantage
of this camera is it's low light capability.   It is very reliable with the
exception that you need to take it apart about once a year and clean the
blue filter inside the camera.  These cameras are available for around $20
on ebay.
Here's the URL to steve's basement cam.  It's up currently but may not be
there after this week so look quick and please, no hackers.  I know 98 isnt'
the most secure software since MS has abandoned it totally with no further
patches released for it.
http://www.lhsc.net/hometemplate.html

Steve