Re: How do you price CCTV service contracts?

JW wrote:

> I think that's the original question...? How do you actually figure the

> cost? It's one thing to figure the time needed to do an inspection but
> how
> you anticipate outages, repairs, replacements, retraining, technical
> assistance and adjustments needed? Do you have a different calculation?

That was exactly my point, thank you JW.
The article I was referring to was written to sort of guide contractors
through the process of adding additional business line - CCTV, but I was
left rather confused.  It seems like the guideleines they give - 1/3 of
the cost are real hard to justify unless CCTV equipment breaks and
requires lot more ongoing service than telecom equipment I'm more familiar
with. So, I'm basically looking for some real life examples if possible
for service contract pricing on a comparable size system.

Thanks!
D~

Delivered via http://www.secure-gear.com
The Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry
alt.security.alarms - 17553 messages and counting!