Re: Overhead Door Magnetic Contact

Bass said:

>> The problem with putting them on the very
>> top is that I've seen the bad guys push in on
>> the bottom of the door with the front of a
>> vehicle and bend the door enough to crawl
>> through...
>
>In the 24 years I spend installing and servicing alarms I never ran across a
>place where that had been done.  Nonetheless, I don't doubt you.  Perhaps
>crooks are getting slicker in your region, Crash.

It's not uncommon, and it's nothing new, especially with sectional overhead
doors.  A large crowbar can force the wheels out of the tracks, allowing
the bottom panel of the door to hinge upward.  A drive-through attack can
do the same thing, and it doesn't necessarily rip the entire door off the
track.  Top-mounted contacts are low maintenance, but not good protection
for commercial doors.

- badenov