Re: How does one find employees, including trainees?

Tommy wrote:
> Why would knowing ohm's law make one overqualified? that sounds like a
> comment from an unnamed (RLB) person who already says that alarm
> installtion can be done by "trained monkeys."

Absolutely not.  I have worked with some guys who were not much better
than monkeys and they couldn't install worth a damn.

Perhaps I overstated when I made the "overqualified" remark.  I know
Ohm's law, however I have never calculated anything out on paper to
troubleshoot an alarm system.  Therefore I can understand folks saying
that one need not know it.

Would I hire someone who didn't at least know what it was?  No.

Ohm's law is such a basic aspect of electronics that someone who doesn't
know it doesn't know enough about electronics to work with alarms (IMHO).

But unfortunately interviewing and hiring techs is not in my job
description.