Re: How does one find employees, including trainees?

Tommy wrote:
> If you'll read the post, what i said was that you do not have to be
> pluging numbers into a calculator to be using the formula. i would be
> willing to say that most techs worth a hoot understand ohm's law just
> fine. a good number of them probably cannot quote it but understand it
> nonetheless.
>
> You are correct about one thing you don't have to know ohm's law to use
> a volt meter, but you probably couldn't tell a person what you are
> looking at on the meter either.

Now we get to the source of your confusion.  Ohm's law is about the
relationship between voltage, current, and resistance.  If you are not
making conscious use of the relationship, you are not using ohm's law.
Explaining what you see on the meter rarely involves using more than
one of these parameters in isolation.

Ohm's law is not involved unless you measure two parameters and use
them to determine (by feel if not calculation) the third.

And again, it doesn't matter how your meter actually takes the
measurement presented to you.  Just because the engineer who designed
the meter made use of ohms law does not mean that the user does.  If
you are trying to read resistance, and the meter displays resistance,
you are not using ohms law - only if it displayed voltage and current
and left determining the resistance up to you would this relationship
be involved in your work.