Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

$42 A MONTH ..???  That's highway robbery ! My friend, you HAVE to shop
around more !

The national average across North Anerica is $25 a month; most small
companies come in around $20 give or take a buck. A lot of them will
monitor your alarm for $15 to $20 a month for everything. And if you
don't need dealer service or warranty you can get it for $10 a month.
And don't let anyone tell you that their monitoring is superior to the
$10 a month stations because  it AIN'T !!

This horseshit of raising the rate for every little thing is nothing
but thievery ! ADT are notorious for this kind of opportunistic
bullshit !!. Dealers pay from $3 to $5 a month for monitoring services
and mark it up for what the market will bear. If I buy services for $3
a month, the station makes maybe $2 profit for their services to me. If
they sell it directly to you for $10, they make $8 a month
(www.themonitoringcentre.com for example).

ADT's monitoring sucks big time because they don't do a thorough job of
going through your calling list before dispatching. In our area, they
are losing their accounts big time because they won't (or can't) dial
in to re-program for 10 digit dialing (thousands of accounts they have
bought during their endless rounds of buying up other dealers). I'm
taking over ADT accounts at the rate of almost one a day right now
because of it !!

Honestly, you really GOTTA shop around more.....