Re: Napco MA3000 - Dialer Test on both Lines?

Robert L Bass wrote:

> The regs don't prohibit momentary
> application of a relay though if it were a problem a simple change from
> shorting to opening the circuit would eliminate any problems.

Your "dead" wrong there "Pardner" (and your customer wouldn't be far
behind).  "The Regs" prohibit the connection of any device ahead of the
communicator.  Read NFPA 72.  Show me where it states you can do this.

> I've chosen
> to short the line for a few seconds though the same can be accomplished by
> opening it.

Either way, it's illegal.  No AHJ would sign off on this and no
professional installer would get involved in something that's clearly a
violation of code and NFPA.