Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 02:03:24 GMT, "Mike" <BE@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:28:15 GMT, "Mike" <BE@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>

>> ADT uses a slightly modified Honeywell Ademco Vista 20 Plus.  It's a
>> very good system for most consumers whether you buy it from ADT or
>> someone else.  Beware of "packages."  Chances are your needs are
>> different than what the package provides.  ADT and most other
>> companies will be happy to add the appropriate number of devices to
>> ensure your security needs are met.  Without knowing your house,
>> lifestyle, area, etc, it's impossible to tell if 3 doors, one motion,
>> and a single smoke is enough.  Also, the monitoring services is
>> equally as important as the hardware and system installation.  Be sure
>> to ask details about how it's done and by whom.
>
>They offered me two different packages aND I'll need to customize either
>one.
>I'd love to buy from them then learn how to add devices myself

You may be able to do that with some local company.  ADT has too much
to lose to be exposed to the liability of customers modifying their
systems.  The other avenue would be to install the system yourself and
shop the monitoring around.  Contrary to what some might claim here,
installing a basic burglar alarm isn't very difficult.