Re: Odd monitoring Question

On 15 Jul 2006 06:02:39 -0700, mikesus@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I have a motorhome that I will be storing (there is no security there)
>and I want to be able to have the alarm monitored.  (I have purchased a
>cellular backup unit to accomplish this)  The problem is that standard
>monitoring wants it to be a fixed address.  (something that this
>obviously isnt)  So, what are my options?

The reason they want a fixed is address is obviously to know where to
send the authorities if you have an alarm event.  Any central station
worth a crap probably won't monitor a motorhome without some type of
special contract language.  There's too much liability involved with
the potential of dispatching to the wrong address.  If you plan on
responding to the alarm yourself, you may want to drop the CS
monitoring all together and have the alarm panel call you directly via
cell.  Many control panels have the ability of sending alarm
information to a pager or cell phone.  I'm sure you realize that there
may be gaps in cell coverage and you may not be able to be monitored
at all in some locations without a land line.