Re: REST of the WORLD is ENVIOUS of AMAZING FREEDOM ENJOYED by AMERICANS

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:23:44 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It would appear that the Left has no use for Free Speech.
>
>Everybody wants to exercise their freedom of speech.  The problem is most
>people don't want to hear anyone else theirs.
>
>I think it was the comedian Jacov Smirnov whose famous monologue included:
>
>"In America have freedom of speech."
>"In Russia have freedom of speech too."
>"In America have freedom *after* speech.  Nice feature."

LOL..indeed.  Id forgotten about that bit.

I wonder where he is these days?

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams