Re: Napco MA3000 - Dialer Test on both Lines?

> It may not be exactly Kosher, but it is very
> creative and original and does force the
> panel to communicate via the second phone
> line!
>
> Allan

Thanks, Allan.  Also, the AHJ is the arbiter of what is or is not an
acceptable practice.  On installations where I've used the technique it has
invariably been approved.  One key to proper implementation is to configure
the relay so that is cannot disable either phone line during an actual alarm
condition.  With the MA3000 this is easily done using programmable relays
though the same thing can be accomplished with less flexible, heavier duty
panels from other makers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass