Re: CCTV Hookup to PC?

Either PCI or USB will work.  Both types will capture at a similar
quality.  I am assuming all you want to do is capture the video.  Some
CCTV systems come with a web option that you can use to connect to the
system over the internet for control and recording.  I just helped set
up a samsung system with this option.  Very nice to be able to view and
capture from the web.  But the short answer to your question is no it
doesn't need to be made for CCTV.  One thing to think about is that
outputs the CCTV system has.  Most I have seen have BNC connections
which won't hook to a normal capture card.  Something like this will
work for you in that case, but if it is connected to a Time lapse
recorder they usually have s-video or coax outputs that a normal card
can use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-CHANNEL-PCI-DVR-CARD-BNC-TO-RCA-ADAPTORS-CCTV-NEW_W0QQitemZ5857315798QQcategoryZ60839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps.

Scott