Re: DSConnected

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:KWcuf.545$H37.116875@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have about 250 of the Power series installed, and my problems although
few
> overall are:
>
> 1- Power rectifiers dying...in one case, even catching fire
> 2- Miscellaneous supervisory problems sending unknown signals to the
central
> 3- Some strange troubles only cleared via the "power down / power up"
> routine
> 4- Many problems with the DSC wireless....losing touch, strange and
> unexplained alarm trips.
>
> They seem to be a decent line of panels overall, although my service
records
> show them no where near as trouble free as the other line I use (Paradox)
>
> RHC

As you know, I am monitoring and servicing 244 Paradox panels. They too,
have been trouble free so far. I did notice, when I first started dealing
with these, that it appears that Paradox and DSC are almost exact in their
programming. Did Paradox pick up DSC engineers or something? It is to close
to be a coincidence. Even their terminology is the same.