Re: Removing wireless mounting tape from vinyl windows?

alarmnow@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> What is ths safest, easiest way of removing tape residue from white
> vinyl window frames. I'm wiring a 2001-built home that had ademco
> 5816's on every window, and there are a LOT of windows!
>
> Any good tricks? I'm concerned about experimenting with chemicals
> because I don't want to stain the customer's window frames.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave

There's some stuff I've seen at Home Depot that's supposed to remove
that price sticker type adhesive. It would probably work on the double
sided tape on vinyl too, since price tags are put on just about every
type of material. Check it out first. Scrape off as much of the tape as
you can with something softer than the vinyl ...... like maybe a flat
sharp piece of wood. Then try whatever remover you're going to use on a
window, that isn't to obvious first. I'd suggest that you try whatever
you're going to use and let it sit for awhile. Sometimes some of these
solvents and removers have a deleterious effect, awhile after you first
apply it.