Re: Slave Dialers - New uses?

Charles Booth wrote:
> Am cleaning shop; dumpster on premises!
>
> I sure hate throwing out stuff for which I paid good money.

You mean for which your customers paid good money, don't you?  :-)

> I have a lot of used, but working, slave dialers, mostly Acron DD1 -
> DD3.  Any good ideas for making use of these dialers for generating
> income, or which could be used for remote signalling, or testing (but
> testing for what?).

eBay.

> I may donate some of the items to the local Vocational school for use
> by the electrical students.

That's certainly a good idea.

> Before it goes to the dumpster or school, I've been sorting the stuff
> into separate very large boxes: audible devices (bells, speakers,
> etc.), smoke detectors, keypads, panels, siren drivers, power supply
> chargers, relays, etc.

The keypads, panels, siren drivers, power supplies, chargers and relays
you send to Jim Rojas at www.tech-man.com.  He loves that sort of stuff.
  The smoke detectors (if they've been removed from a customer's premise
and are over ten years old), you dispose of in "a safe and
environmentally friendly way".

> Of all the items that I have removed from my customers premises
> (upgrades, faulty equipment) I find that smoke detectors lead the list
> by a very large margin.

Which is why you get rid of them in the manner outlined above...  :-)