DSC PC 1550 Beeping

I am trying to install and program a pc 1550, and when the unit is
powered up, the keypad will beep.  I have been told the keypad I am
using is compatible, but I am not so sure.  The panel is a pc 1500 rev
4m, and the keypad is a pc5000rk.  The keypad is a 4 zone, but I only
need 4 zones on the panel.  I am trying to get into program mode, and I
have done a hard reset, but I am not sure what to do here, any
knowledge would be great.