Compass stupidity.

This one pissed me off today. Took over a Pro 1 install on saturday, fixed a
bunch of mistakes on a Vista 10. Compassed it several times over the weekend
to take out o/cs and add zone descriptions, no problem. Last night an upload
to the panel failed, I figured they were online with computer or something
so I'd try again this morning. No go.

Owner called me this morning telling me the panel was displaying Oil Burner
Override and Ambush Trouble...just weird messages and zones numbers that
didn't exist like 53?

Had him reset panel, try to get into programming with installer code...no
go.

Call techsupport...oh  yeah if that happens the panel is locked out and you
cant fix it. WHAT? It doesn't do error checking when programming and then
roll back to old programming if errors are found? No. Are you kidding me?

Off to ADI to buy a 10P

Ah it was an old panel anyway, but I sure didnt feel like redoing the whole
dang thing.

First time I've ever had this happen to ANY panel when remote programming.