Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

> I'm going to buy  A hardwired perimeter system w/ motion
> sensors and fire alarms, Robert.

Good choice.

> Why do I need glass breakers if the windows are alarmed?

Glass break detectors add an extra measure of protection against
someone smashing a window or sliding door to gain entry.  They
can be a useful add-on though they are not primary detection.
Like motion detectors, they add some protection.

The primary concern is a full perimeter.  You've decided to
install contacts on all doors and accessible windows.  That
should be the baseline of residential security.  Motion and glass
breaks are a good way to augment that if they fit in the budget.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms