Re: Something for nothing

mikey wrote:
> Heard VoIP for the first time today. It should make troubleshooting a lot
> easier. I knew right away when customer answered the phone when I called
> (failed test last night) what the trouble was.
> VoIP sounds like shit. The guy uses the line for business too and it was the
> most annoying conversation I've endured since tin cans and strings. What
> garbage.

Your experience is atypical to most of the VoIP users I know.  I have
heard these issues (echoes, sounds like you're underwater, etc.), but
only very rarely.  Of course, when you ARE talking to someone who's line
is working well (and I can almost guarantee you, you have without
realizing it), you'll never know the difference.

Keep in mind that the technology is relatively new, and the very simple,
very cheap broadband boxes most people are using for it are just that:
simple and cheap. They're obviously not going to have the same level of
error-correction and other such "filters" that enterprise-level systems
will have.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0606-0, 02/04/2006
Tested on: 2/5/2006 11:29:15 AM