Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

Nah Tom, Cooper is a genius compared to any of the left wing, Liberal
jackasses we just booted out !! And, I reserve my profanity for those who
REALLY deserve it....no one here on this NG certainly; nor anyone that I
actually know; hell... not the devil himself........just gun hating, lying,
scumbag politicians.

Can you imagine anyone with an ounce of brains suggesting that seizing all
legally owned handguns in the hands of legitimate Canadian owners is going
to solve the Toronto gun problem !!!!!!!! When will these idiots realize
legal owners are not the problem ! It's called "pap for the
public".....create an artificial problem and "solve" it to appear to be
doing something, while the real problem of smuggling remains. Nor do they
have the political will to deal with the major source of smuggling...the
Indian reservation at Ackwesasne....or smugglers simply coming across the
border with a trunkload of guns. And our unarmed border guards sure aren't
going to argue with them. I suspect the new Conservative government will
handle things quite differently !! (and it's bloody well time in my
opinion.....).

We're also looking forward to the end of the long gun registry, although the
urban paranoids are already creating a noise about it, in an attempt to
sabotage any attempts to end the foolish program !! And given the
Conservatives tenuous hold on power, it may well be shuffled to the
backburner !! It will be a frosty Friday in Hell before any hoodlum goes
through the expense, effort, and licensing I endure to own legal handguns.

A great many years ago, I was at a gun store in Shelburne, Vermont (which
has the most liberal gun laws just about anywhere). In came a very ominous
looking dude with New York State plates on his Cadillac. He whipped out a
huge wad of bills and bought at least 30 or 40 handguns on the spot (which
you could do in those days), and drove away (presumably back to New York
City, where they have some of the most stringent laws on the books in the
US). In some ways, it's too simplistic to suggest that the "bad guys" are
gonna get guns regardless of the laws, but when I saw this I really had to
wonder why we're helping them......

Gun control is not an easy or black and white issue. Politicians polarizing
people with idiot statements only make it harder to come up with laws that
actually do something without stepping all over the interests of legitimate
owners.

RHC