Re: wire vs wired

> I found this about Bass and customers credit cards in google.com
> --- snip ---
> During a a recent order with Bass for about $380 there was
> some difficulty in processing the card.  There was more than
> enough funds in my account, but the bank didn't authorize
> the card on the first try...

You found out that someone's purchase was declined?  How
devastating!  Bring out the handcuffs right away.

> Robert (and/or his wife) e-mailed me directly with
> questions/concerns about the card.  After verifying
> my address the order still wouldn't go through, so
> his wife resorted to calling me on the phone to clear
> things up, which we did...

My ex-wife called the customer several times and managed to get
the matter resolved.

> This process probably took about 4 days to a week
> and resulted in about 4 e-mails back and forth and a
> couple of voice mails.  During this time Robert had to
> be more than aware of who I was...

In point of fact, I didn't know until this was posted (about 6
years ago I think) that the fellow had ordered anything from my
online store since he didn't contact me before placing an order.

This fellow had made some derogatory personal comments so I
filtered him from USENET and email.  Not knowing he had ordered
from me, I also didn't know he was looking for tech support.  Had
he called me on the phone (my number has always been published on
my websites) I'd have helped him right away.  Someone else even
chastised him for making such a stink instead of making a simple
phone call to my 800 number.

There was nothing in the post about credit cards other than the
fact that his credit card company originally declined the
purchase.  That was really his problem but my ex-wife went the
extra mile by contacting him several times to get it cleared.  He
received his merchandise in a timely fashion once the card
finally went through.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass