Re: Safe Room Door Lock

news:c_oGf.9$gp2.891@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
it coulda
> been if they had consulted with me 2 months ago instead of yesterday.

Don't ya luv it..

> I'm thinking of hiding the control/pwr supply & backup outside the room
> instead of inside since I want the lock to fail-secure...whaddya think?

Your call... but, if the door fails secure, which it should, and the perp
has access to the control, you need to consider a mechanical type rex button
(pneumatic type possibly) and not an electronic type rex device and that
connection needs to stay within the protected area and not the control/pwr
supply. I usually add an emergency button and if budget allows a dedicated
phone line, which I also use for the alarm panel. I put a wall phone in as
well. Safe rooms can be used for storm protection as well as personnal
protection during a crime. A phone is handy as long as there is service. I
know someone here mentioned a cellphone, but in a bunker you don't alway
have cell signal, so I would be leary of limiting it to this suggestion
alone. Have electrical outlet for TV/Radio and an exhaust fan. Put the light
on a dimmer switch. Total light or total darkness can get to a person if
they spend an extended amount of time in there. Any wall that is not block
or concrete, line with 3/4" plywood before drywall. Makes the door jamb a
little tricky but that is why they have split jambs or extention jambs. But
then again you said this one is to late...Oh well...there is always next
time.