Re: For sale.

> Anyone who would use a check for an online transaction is an idiot.

Actually, businesses frequently make online payments via check.
For those who don't know about this sort of thing, it's called
"check by phone" and it's been around for years.

> I don't know this guy from Adam, and he doesn't know
> me from Jack...

Obviously not.  If he did he wouldn't converse with you at all.

> Sending a credit card through an online payment service
> protects both buyer and seller.

That much is only half true.  Credit card payments do not protect
the vendor -- only the purchaser.  What it does for the merchant
is provide an expedited means of completing the transaction at a
reasonable cost.

> Now, go have your donut Cliff.

No thanks.  I'm on a diet.  Have to get ready for Carnaval next
week.  While you're wracking your one and only neuron, trying to
think of something intelligent to say... er, scratch that.  While
you're wracking your one and only neuron, trying to think, I'll
be dancing in the streets of Salvador with my sweetheart,
enjoying fabulous music in the middle of a 2,000,000 person
street party.

Don't feel too bad though.  As a consolation, you can have the
donut.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.