Re: PIR recommendation.

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 02:16:39 GMT, James Russo
<jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Have a look at the Paradox line.  http://www.paradox.ca
>
> Ok, Will do.. In reading more about this I'm thinking the Dual tech
> motions might be overkill for my application.
>
> This is for a dental/medical office. I can share with you the floorplan
> and perhaps you can help me find the best location for the PIRs. I've
> uploaded a copy of the floor plan. It is at http://www.halo3.net/office.jpg
>
> I was planning on installing 3 PIRs in this office.
>
> (with north being up)
>
> One PIR in the north east corner of Room 100 to cover the lobby. I
> choose this location as to not aim it into the windows.
>
> One PIR above door exiting room 120 to cover hallway 112.

Everything you've said up to this point is pretty much what I
would have done as well.  The detector covering hallway 126
(below) can work if it's a short enough range so as not to "see"
the windows and if there's no chance of reflected sunlight,
headlights, etc., hitting the detector face.

> One PIR above door exiting room 111 to cover other hallway 126
>
> The one concern I have is that room 105 (to the east) is all storefront
> type glass. I don't know if this will have any considerations on
> selection of the PIR placed above door exiting room 120.
>
> The two doors will have contacts, and there will be 3 glassbreaks.. One
> by each door area, and one in the room 105 with the other windows. I may
> also put one in room 104 as that also has large windows, but it is
> a smaller room which is also opened to 105.

As an alternative to the detector near 107 which protects hallway
126, have you considered installing a detector in the NE corner
of room 105.  That would cover room 105 and almost half of
corridor 126 (assuming that the back of the L-shaped counter in
room 105 isn't very high.  If the partition is too high, you
might consider placing a narrow angle detector on the wall above
the window near the SE corner of room 105.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.