Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

On Dec 8, 1:53=EF=BF=BDpm, Homer <dum...@xxxx> wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> >The purpose of a business is to turn a profit, the purpose of a health ca=
re
> >system is to care for peoples health. I don't beleive its possible to
> >reconcile the two goals in a single entity.
>
> Bingo. =EF=BF=BDThe two goals are incompatible. =EF=BF=BDI hear doctors ge=
tting
> frustrated all the time about this. They have to call some decision
> maker halfway around the country and make a case to get funding for
> procedures they need to perform. =EF=BF=BDOften times they don't get it an=
> have to cut the patient loose.
>
> >In order for the insurance
> >company to make a profit it has to weed out those who pose an unacceptabl=
> >risk. A risk that is not neccesarily dependant on a persons lifestyle or
> >behaviour.
>
> They are the devil. =EF=BF=BDIt would be interesting to hear any stories a=
bout
> big insurance company employees getting denied services.

You seem to forget that before Hillery upset the apple cart, it was
the doctors who where always blamed for the high cost of healthcare.
Once the old hag, started her nonsensical notions, the insurance
companies saw their chance to jump in and take over. ( Why doesn't
anyone ever REMEMBER THIS!!!!!!!!!) SHE did that, and no one else is
to blame. EXCEPT, it was the doctors idiocy, for not joining together
by backing out of the insurance game. All they had to do is say they
were no longer going to accept payments from the insurance companies
and that it was the insurance companies obligation to deal with the
patients and the insurance companies would have backed off in a
heartbeat. But, as in the alarm trade, no one will unify to have a
collective voice. So now the doctors are but minions to the insurance
companies. Now you've got some $10.00 an hour clerk, deciding if you
need an operation to save your life. If you have national health care,
then you're going to have someone who was demoted from the DMV for a
bad attitude, deciding.

Yep, that's what I want, a civil servant employee, with insured
benefits and tenure, waiting for his last year of retirement, with
full pay and full benefits, deciding what I need for health care.