Re: NAPCO VIP-Gateway

> I don't see it as a DIY item because the
> service must go through Napco's servers...

That is between Napco and the dealer servicing the DIY customer.  It's not your prerogative to decide with whom they choose to do
business.

> Napco has assured me that they don't
> and never will deal with end-users...

First of all, I doubt you've ever spoken to anyone in authority at Napco.  They don't waste time with drunks and drug abusers.  More
importantly, Napco doesn't need to do business directly with end users.  They sell service to dealers whoi in turn resell it to end
users.

> so the company that sells and administers
> these needs a Napco videoalert.net account.

Figured that out all by yourself, did you?

> There's no central station calling the police
> or fire department so it's not "alarm monitoring"
> according to Florida statute.
>
> In Texas it's:
>
> Sec. 1702.002. DEFINITIONS
> (C)  a television camera or still camera system that:
>
> (i)  records or archives images of property or individuals in a public
> or private area of a residence or business;  or
>
> (ii)  is monitored by security personnel or services.
>
> Since recording is taking place, and
> the service is not available to private
> individuals, only companies...

Nothing in the cited statute refers to whether the service is available to private individuals.  However, Napco's service is
directly used and viewed by private individuals, just as Internet access is used by private individuals.  It makes no difference to
the law that the service is sold through dealers.  It's still not alarm monitoring and installation by DIYers is no licensed under
Texas statute.

> I'd think that classifies the 'service'
> as an activity that requires licensing
> in Texas.  Ask your pal Norm if FL
> has a similar statute.

Your legal skills and understanding would be minimal under the best of circumstances.  Add to the mix your current state of
intoxification and your legal opinion is about as worthless as Olson's piloting skills.

>> Of course, since you like going RL
>> you won't mind if I contact a few
>> people where you are about your
>> misdeeds will you?  BTW, have
>> you found a new job yet, Cracker?
>
> When have I ever gone RL...

You've repeatedly called me and several other posters while on your many binges.  You ran an illegal credit check on me and posted
private data online.  You even called to brag about it.  I doubt you remembered much of your ramblings when you came to after that
particular binge.  You're your own worst enema, Cracker.

> with anyone (including you)????  YOU are the
> one who likes to take Usenet quarrels real life - remember?  You can
> make all the accusations you want about me filing BBB complaints and
> doing credit checks and whatever else you can dream up.  I'll say it
> again - I've NEVER filed a complaint with any organization about you,
> nor did I run a credit check on you like you claim I did - and you
> know it.

Your boss seemed to think you were up to no good.  He fired you.  Then again, so did at least eight other companies in the last nine
years.  You really should consider contacting a better therapist.  The ones your currently using don't seem to be helping.

> What 'misdeeds' would you like to whine
> about this time asswipe?  You gonna call
> my family, the state, my employer, about
> what a rotten guy I am?

I tried to warn you the last time not to mess with me or my business.  You didn't listen.  You suffered the consequences.  You still
want to fight with me?  Is your new employer aware of your drug addiction and alcoholism?  Do they have your doctor's phone number
in case you suffer *another* agoraphobic panic attack while driving the company van?  Does their insurance cover accidents you cause
while driving under the influence of two psychotropic drugs plus alcohol?  I only ask you this because I'm concerned for the
well-being of your customers, not to mention the financial well-being of your employer.  Most alarm companies don't want installers
who abuse drugs driving their vehicles around on public highways.  If they were aware of your mental disease they might be even more
concerned.

Have a nice day.