Re: Causes of Ground Faults

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5queo213sinvoht0po6q83osi9bq2ele6n@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> good catch,  wire nuts only, eh.
>>

>>Solder and tape. Only way to fly.
>

> Nope, not on a fire alarm.
>
> It has to be serviceable.   No permanent connections.
>

> Ask Mike Baker for the code section , not my cup o' tea - but 'da code
> nonetheless.

Here in St. Louis, per the AHJ, all commercial fire systems have to have
accessible splices, which are required to be soldered and taped, with an
appropriate service loop provided. Plastic splice boxes are permitted for
low voltage.

If you used wire nuts here, the AHJ would throw you off the job after he
finished laughing.

BTW- you won't get onto any large commercial/industrial sites here without a
union card. Ours is IBEW Local #1, the first and oldest electrical worker's
union in the nation.