Re: Free estimates?

"Doug" <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:KvUgh.4350$RR4.3125@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I saw an ADT (authorised dealer) truck on Friday, FREE ESTIMATES, FREE
>EQUIPMENT, FREE INSTALLATION emblazoned on the tailgate, but why, if the
>equipment and installation is free do you need an estimate?
>
> Doug

I wonder what is going on with ADT these days.  I had a client of theirs
call me this week and tell me that ADT told them to call me.

A couple days later I had a message on my voice mail asking if I would be
interested in doing service for ADT in my area.

I ignored both of course.  Being short handed I barely have time to take
care of my own clients. I'll probably go out this afternoon and work on a
big prewire that my prewire guy hasn't had a chance to get to.

Actually I told the end user I would look at it if I had time, but don't
count on me being there this week.  I also told him that if I look at it he
will be paying me directly.  Last time I did service for ADT it took several
months and a couple nasty letters to get paid.

I have been spending a couple days a week in Mexico rebuilding a large video
system that was improperly cabled initially.  Its actually more work than it
woud have been if they'ld just had me cable it in the first place.  I know I
have pissed a couple of their laborers off when I told them trenches for
conduit had to be deeper.  They stood on their shovels and stired at me like
I was stupid until I grabbed a pick anbd started swinging.  LOL.  Boy that
did not go over well when one of the biug bosses came by and saw their high
priced tech swinging a pick while three laborers stood on their shovels.
Amazing.  After that I only had to suggest something to them for it to
happen.

Anyway, all that time in Mexico has been really stretching me thin.  I sure
as heck don't want to do service for somebody else.  Not even at double my
normal labor rates.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
849 S Ave C
Yuma, Az 85364