Re: Caddx/Ademco Downloading

> New internal modems cost l0 bucks or less
> now days. Too bad the manufacturers  won't
> design a panel with a communications chip
> that will go up to 56K (33.6K) and that can
> talk to the cheap modems.

Edwards did it.  The FireShield panels which I worked on with them work with standard modems.  I forget what the maximum speed is
but IMO that's not so important as modem compatibility.  The entire EEPROM only holds a few K so any modern modem can DL the whole
thing in a few seconds.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass