Re: Laser Shield

>> Does anyone know of a shop and drop system?
>> By that I mean a system that plops in the middle
>> of whatever need protecting, detects and verifies
>> intrusion and barks off via cell phone???
>> The only way to it is to disarm with a cell phone
>> call...
>
> Elk was showing something like that at the latest EHX in Long Beach in Nov. Prototype, not an official product yet, but has that
> kind of functionality.

They're partnering with an Australian company called NESS on this product.

The products is brand new but it's beyond prototype at this point.
It's a stand alone unit with 2 RF keyfobs, built-in PIR and sounder.  It retails for just under $300.  There is a radio dialer
(~$150 retail) from NESS.  It should be ready for ordering shortly.

This is intended to protect construction sites and other places where a hard-wired alarm would be impractical.  There are options
such as a wireless motion detector and door transmitters.  I'll have more details available on it shortly.

BTW, this unit is not armed/disarmed by cell phone.  You use an RF keyfob like a car alarm to control it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics