Re: In search of the ultimate work shoe.

> HA!...that's all I ever wear...but no
> support when standing on a ladder for
> 3 hours trimming a panel.

Heh, I know what you mean.  I used to spend weeks at a time hanging heavy stage lights on 2 inch "schedule 40" pipe.  Each fixture
had to be carried 28 feet up the ladder.  Most of them weighed between 25 and 35 lbs.

Then came the fun part.  The pipe was mounted to the ceiling *behind* the ladder so I had to climb up carrying the fixture in one
hand, then turn around facing away from the ladder and lift the fixture over head to clamp it onto the pipe.  There were up to 30
fixtures on each pipe with heavy SO cable being threaded through hangers along the laminated beam.  The cables alone weighed (some
over 100' long) as much as 30 lbs each.  I wore sneakers instead of work boots because they were better at gripping the ladder.  By
the time I finished each day my feet felt like I'd been interrogated by a Turkish prison guard.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics