Help with an old alarm system

Hello,

I have sort of an interesting dilemma, and I was hoping to get some
help here.

About 20 years ago, my mother had an alarm system installed in her
home.  The company that installed it did a nice job, and all of the
downstairs windows and doors were wired as well as a motion sensor
placed on the first floor.  After a while, though, she stopped using
the system except on rare occasions.  Although equipped with the
ability to call the company that installed the system, she didn't use
that functionality, and she stopped paying for monitoring years back.

A few months ago, my mom was having trouble with the system, and for
some reason or another she severed all of the connections in the access
panel.  Recently, she passed away, and I am looking to sell the house.
I assume that having a working alarm system would be better than not
having one.

I'm fairly adept with electronics, but I don't really know where to
begin with restoring the connections other than trying to match colors
and gauges with wires.  Ideally, I would like to have some manuals for
the various components.  On the other hand, it may be that it's not
worth the time.

Here are the components I need information on:

Ademco 1023-12 (Alarm processing center)
Ademco 216 (Adapter)
Moose Products, Inc. MPI-11 (Electronic siren driver module)
Acron [Lakewood, NJ] DD-2 (Digital communicator)

In addition, I'm wondering if I would need other parts to complete the
repairs--something to reprogram the system, etc.  Unfortunately, the
company that installed this particular unit (Penn Alarm) no longer
exists.

Thoughts, advice, and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick