Re: Help with an old alarm system

Label the wires, make a nice wirelist.
Remove the alarm panel and throw it in the trash, don't waste your time.
Remove anything that indicates an alarm exists in the house, but don't
destroy your wiring.
Now it's a "prewired for security system"  house for sale.

OR

Hire any reputable alarm company to reinstall a new system.

OR spend a few weeks figuring out how to get a 20+ year old alarm system
working - and it actually may be fried anyway...why waste  your time?