Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 04:15:03 GMT, "Stanley Barthfarkle"
<sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>ADT was headquartered in Bermuda before Tyco bought them. Tyco changed
>>>their
>>>HQ to Bermuda in 1996 after buying ADT. ADT's worldwide HQ is in Bermuda,
>>>my
>>>friend.
>>>
>> ADT's functional headquarters is in Boca.  Believe me, I know.  All of
>> the corporate management works from Boca.  Tyco is incorporated in
>> Bermuda like a multituse of other companies for tax reasons like
>> everyone here knows.  Before being bought by Tyco, ADT was also
>> incorporated in Bermuda.  ADT never has and currenty does not run it's
>> business from there.
>
>You're correct, but are splitting hairs.. Is ADT worldwide an American Co?
>No. It is based in Bermuda, regardless of where the majority of the execs
>work on a daily basis.

Not splitting hairs.  The company is run out of the US.  Always has
been.  If you want to split hairs, ADT is technically headquartered in
Wilmington, DE.  The company was incorporated in DE in 1988 as ADT
Security Systems and later changed to ADT Security Services on
12/18/1996.  ADT's parent company is ADT General Holdings with D&B
#618399778, also incorporated in Deleware, but we're not splitting
hairs, right.